I have card for you today from my Tria Club and another little something for my Inchies swap to share with you.
First is the Tria image. We used a stamp by Magnolia this time. Papers are from Bo Bunny 6" x 6" paper pack. Ribbon is one I think I got from Spotlight.
Lily Of The Valley recently did a tutorial on this style of card using the image to hold the card up.
The image was coloured using Copics. The scallop border was made using Die-namics die an I used Spellbinders Labels .
I don't like a big border on my mats so I draw around the same label as I used to cut out the image. So my mat was only a little bit bigger, I just find it tends to take over the card front. I also cut a piece from white cardstock for the inside of the card.
Abit of copic on the flowers so they match.
After a little bit of bling here and there... all done.
Next, our Inchie swap had a theme of Sewing. I had a great idea which in the end I couldn't do because I had to change the colour and I couldn't do this because I left my irresdecent medium behind when I went away for the weekend. ugh. I took the stamp the embossing powders, the new colour, ( the old colour wasn't going to work cos some silly twit used a purple and the top image was always cream!) but not the medium to do the inchie base. Some mothers do have them! lol So I will show you the irresdecent medium another day.
I used the recently released Button background stamp from Darkroom Door. Ink is More Mustard from Stampin Up and black Stazon. Little bit of gauze and the stamp is from Prima.
I used the dressmaking Mannequin from the set and stamped this with Stazon on Shrinky Dink plastic. Due to the fine image I had to heat this in the oven with waxed paper on the top to assist with it not folding onto itself. Once it was small I pressed an aryclic block to flatten it.
Quick look at my Inchies for March. Image is from High Hopes. Coloured with Twinkling H2o.
First up is my card for Little Bits Stamp Camp 2012. The theme was "Royal". Oh my gosh what could I do for that!! As it happened the same night I was colouring an image for my son James's birthday card. Suddenly I looked at it and came up with my camp ATC. Only problem was the fact I had to make 34 of them. So they were going to be very clean and simple.
The image was a friend's so I'm not sure anymore who made it. I coloured it with copics and added some glitz and there you go!
Next is for my June ATC. We were given a sketch and I decided to make a rolled rose.
That was the easy part. Fun part was the dying and rolling it up. I used Glimmer mist of Old Lace, there was another for added shimmer and abit of log cabin by Smooch -Spritz.
When we were at Stamp Camp we were given a beautiful kit containing Prima products, lace, ribbon. It was a great paper pack too. They matched the roses beautifully. There was about 2-3 pages per design and I just didn't get enough so there is a last couple that are different but I challenge you to find them! lol.
The sketch had an oval in the middle of the design and rather than adding more papers I cut the oval out of the initial layer. I added abit of sponging with Antique Linen ink and distressed the edges and added it all together.
We are also going to submit some ATC for publication. Who knows if it will ever get published but... Never know if you don't try. So if you are thinking about it GO FOR IT!
We were given a kit of lovely papers, ribbon, twine, lace, embellishments and card stock.
This is going to be my submission. Number one:
A friend had this map stamp which fitted in well.
I hope one fits in with everyone elses cards and we get published which is very exciting.
Lucky last is a ATC I made for the theme "Graphic 45" to use Graphic 45 products.
It's not the ATC's I promised but I had to show you this card I made using the Medallion stamp from Stampin Up and a resist technique.
I sponged it with distressed inks and stamped over the top with the En Francis stamp. Ribbon is Certainly Celery satin ribbon with the lace Ribbon Border punch behind it.
This card was a request from my husband. It has abit of a story behind it. It, of course, was for Halloween last year. I made it for a lovely guy from Darren's work. (He actually loaned us a car when Darren totalled the 18month old Kia - at the time I didn't realise who it was for)
The numbers on the background is actually the phone number of a client. There is another story there too.
Apparently to this day it still sits on his desk. The image is from La la land Halloween Luka coloured with Copics.
Picture to Page is on again today. I think it was a pretty good day
yesterday. Plenty of people, which was great after the false start 2
weeks ago. I picked up a few bits and pieces. Apart from a 12 x 12 paper rack for my mum and a Kazazz catalogue that isn't pictured, I don't think I did too bad.
I need some catching up on the photos so the first is a friends birthday card.
How Funky is that background...? I run an embossing folder thru the Cuttlebug with some waxed paper in it and then ironed it onto the gloss card stock. After a little bit of sponging...
The little owls are from The Greeting Farm "Hoo Loves You" There is three little owls and this one is my favourite. Soo much attitude!!
I hand drew the branch. Coloured with Copics.
Another one I have to catch up on showing you is one I did for my eldest sons birthday. Clean and simple card using the Stamp It set. Papers are from Bo Bunny Zoology collection. Brads are Stampin Up as is the card stock. Sponged with Distressed inks and then I added some white pencil on his eyes.
Later today after some editing I'll try to post about the ATC's I've just finished for a submission to a magazine.