Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stamp Camp

I had the best weekend. 32 ladies went to Mount Martha ( which is only about 30-40 mins away) for a weekend of craft....ok so there was also lots to eat ( we were fed VERY well!), LOTS of drinking and lots of great company and not much sleep! I dont really great alot of cards made but I learn alot and laugh alot.


We were given a little bag of goodies to play with and make some cards with! Some beautiful products by prima including papers, flowers and some clear stamps. Also included were some Darkroom Door Montage sheet and wordstrips. A little bit of pearls and some chipboard and ink.

Well it was time for me to enter the world of shabby chic. Most of the bits are all out of the kit. The only things I have inserted extra is the "Dienamics die" by My Favourite Things. It is a rolled flower die but has a scalloped edge. I used the small and medium flowers and just rolled them. Glue them onto some of the prima flowers. Apart from the Early Espresso cardstock the only other thing is the Tim Holtz border die- another thing I will be getting as it was a friends as is the flower die.

Oh I WON THE CHALLENGE!! So that was pretty exciting as I have NEVER won anything not to mention winning with one of my cards! The prize was either a "Stamp It" or "Darkroom Door" stamp set. Very hard choice, I went with "Stamp It" set. I thought the "Micky Choo" set was really lovely!



The following cards are off a sheet. You can get the stamp but I decided I really didnt have enough people I could use it for so decided against it!

You'll see why...





Not sure why one isnt straight but oh well!.

The last card I will show you is a card I made for my parents who have just moved closer to me. So I now have a 5hr drive rather than the 10hrs I had!! YAY! 



Spongeing is slowing coming along... Working on it.  So it is only a little step card, it is probably only about 11cm sq. Owls are from "Stamp It" and the sentiment is computer gen.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Your last card is fab Natalie. Thank you for your comment on my blog and apologies for taking so long.

    http://cardmakinggalore.blogspot.com/2011/03/simply-cards-and-papercrafts-magazine.html

    Would be lovely if you found that issue. If you do, could you let me know?

    ReplyDelete